- Worship & Music
- Visit Us
- What's On
- Functions & Celebrations
- Support Us
In line with government guidance, the Abbey building remains closed until Tuesday June 16th 2020, when we will open for private prayer only, 10am-12noon each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
In addition, we continue to gather to worship via Zoom three times each week.
The following explains what we will be doing to ensure that we follow government guidelines and keep everyone as safe as possible:
• The Abbey will be open for private prayer only from 10am–12noon on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, beginning on Tuesday June 16th.
• We cannot hold services, prayer groups or other meetings in the Abbey at present.
• People will not be able to visit in the normal way to explore the building - but we do welcome people for private prayer.
• If you come to the Abbey, please enter the Slype from the Market Place entrance and wait for a steward to open the door into the church.
• You will be asked to sanitise your hands, take a prayer card, and observe the 2m social distancing guidance at all times.
• You will then be asked to sit in one of the chairs which have been set out in the Crossing and around the altars in the North Transept (we are not using the pews at the moment).
• If you would like a candle to be lit, please ask a steward and s/he will do that for you.
• When you have finished you will be asked to leave your prayer card on your seat (so that we know it has been used) and guided to leave the church via the north nave aisle and the cloister porch exit. You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser again before you go outside.